Here you can see some of the clasps I can use for your jewellery. Each type has its pros and cons and I list them from left to right.
1. Toggle - a ring and bar that comes in various metals and sizes. Suits chunky designs and bracelets. Pros; easy to use and virtually 'bombproof'. cons; on light designs its possible for the bar to slip through the loop.
2. Trigger (lobster or ring) opens when you pull down on a small trigger. pros; very secure. cons; can be difficult to use, not suitable for most bracelets.
3. Hook - a general purpose clasp best for necklaces that are not very light. pros; very easy to use and bomb proof. cons; can come undone if used on lighter necklaces.
4. Bayonet - a thin wedge of folded metal is pushed into an opening in a barrel. pros; quite secure. cons; none really but the metal wedge can snap
5. Box - usually used with pearls or vintage beads the box is filigree and a small thin metal hook is pushed into it to close pros: looks good with pearls and vintage glass beads. cons; can easily break if hook snaps or is twisted.
6. Snap in Magnetic .All kinds of clasps are magnetic and they are useful. pros; good on a bracelet or a necklace that's difficult to do up. cons; can open sideways and then you lose the jewellery if you pull on beads to open this will wear the thread.
Earring Design - If you would like some earrings made to match a necklace these are are few designs that I can create for you -hypo-allergenic post and hook fittings available on all designs
When sending beads you must include value of each item sent and written instructions for restringing. If instructions are not included then I will restring as in the previous arrangement.
Restringing prices 2017
Check this drawing to see where necklace will 'sit' .
The solution for most necklaces of lesser value is a single strand which knots at both ends next to the clasp but for a more valuable necklace I also offer a more time-consuming restringing method where the thread passes through the beads twice and knots only once.
This is the cost for the single strand of thread
beads.........................under 42cm/ 16'' from £12
beads.........................under 55cm/ 20'' from £14
beads.........................under 75cm /30'' from £15
This is the cost for the double strand of thread
beads.........................under 42cm/ 16'' from £16
beads.........................under 55cm/ 20'' from £18
beads.........................under 75cm /30'' from £20
ALL PRICES ARE FOR 1 STRAND ONLY EXTRA STRANDS ARE £4 each strand.
Knotting is from £8 per strand.
For more than 2 strands please ask for a quote
There are many different ways to design a bracelet so why not have something totally different !
From £7 for a single strand elastic bracelet (smaller beads from £10)
With base metal clasp from £9 depending on number of strands and size of beads.
* Sterling silver or 9ct gold clasps are extra
Hand cleaning/polishing pearls £5 per strand (up to 100cms) including metal clasp etc. Knotting is £8 per strand extra up to 100cms and £10 per strand from 100cms to 140cms
I give a reduction of 10% for 3 or more necklaces sent together ! Sorry bracelets are not included.
* Only applies if no extra parts need to be ordered
From left to right below:
Murano glass beads with knots, Coptic Pendant with Antique beads Czech Trade Beads, Pearls on silver wire and silver posts, Murano Beads with knots, Double Strand Pearl Bracelet with Vintage Clasp.
Morning Rebecca – I received the necklace this morning. It is perfect. Thanks again for your speedy turnaround and quality service. TE
Just to let you know that my beads arrived this morning. I am delighted to see them back in their original necklace. Thank you so much for a brilliant job and done so very quickly.
I really appreciate your kindness and skill. MS
Thank you for your lovely work in restringing my long string of multicoloured pearls - I am delighted with the results. I would also like to thank you for adding the clasp which makes such a difference, I appreciate your patience.It was a pleasure doing business with you at every step of the way, SB
''Thank you, I am absolutely delighted!! What a great job you've done - the new clasp really works well - Mum will also be really pleased (at last she'll be able to fasten her much beloved necklace.)
''I received back my mum's beads and they are perfect so thanks very much indeed for your great work.''
Thanks for the lovely necklace refurbish, my wife is thrilled.
''Necklace received safely. Very pleased with the re-stringing and I love the tiny beads.''
"Hello Rebecca - I am really pleased with my necklace it looks like new again - many thanks''
''The beads have just arrived and I am delighted with them. I have a feeling you might even have cleaned them.
I just wanted to email you to say firstly, that I have received my necklaces and secondly thank you very much, they look lovely. You have done a wonderful job!
Many thanks for the necklaces received today.They have been gathering dust in a drawer for several years it's lovely to be able to wear them again. You did a great job!
Just got my necklace back, and I am so pleased with it much better than I thought it would be, I am very happy, you have done a great job
Thank You J
Thank you for fixing my ring and necklace - lovely job!!